VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE
If, based on your nationality or on the passport type your are travelling on (e.G. Dutch refugee passport), you need a visa for The Gambia, please follow below guidelines:
To enable us to issue the visa for you, our Consulate General needs following items:
- Your original passport. This has to be valid for at least 6 months upon return from The Gambia to The Netherlands.
- If you have a residence permit for The Netherlands, then we also need a copy of same. If you specifically need your residence permit to be able to return to The Netherlands, then your residence permit needs to be valid for at least 6 months upon return from The Gambia to The Netherlands.
- Visa application form duly filled out and signed by applicant.
- 1 passport photograph.
- A copy of the booking confirmation from the travel agency, indicating the date and flight number of the guaranteed return flight (or a copy of the flight ticket)
- An extract of the register of the Dutch municipality where applicant is living (“uittreksel bevolkingsregister”) (confirming that applicant is actually living in The Netherlands). (A copy is acceptable, not older than 6 months please.)
An appointment for the issuing of the visa always has to be made in advance by telephone, or if you make the appointment by e-mail, then you need to receive back our confirmation that the date/time proposed by you is OK! We normally issue visa on Tuesdays and Thursdays, between 09.30 and 16.00 hours.
If applicant brings all above mentioned items, then the visa can be issued immediately. Cost of issuing a visa amount to Eur 50,00 per visa. This amount has to be paid cash, applicant will receive a receipt.